Sunday, January 6, 2013

So Many Beads...So Little Time

My point is, life is about balance.
The good and the bad.  The highs and the lows.
The pina and the colada
 
Ellen DeGeneres
 
I am A REAL RETIRED HOUSEWIFE OF FLORIDA with a balanced life...golf, thrift store adventures and crafting.  I try to do each in moderation...HA HA.
 
I shared a couple of my craft passions...paper beads and silver leafing.  Here is another, beads.  Not so much "beading", like in making jewelry.  Just collecting beads.  My bead collection is one of the few craft supplies that I brought everything with me from Ohio.  At first I thought that was because beads are small.  But when I looked at my collection, I realized the beads may be small, but the volume is huge.
 

 
I came up with a project that would use up a good amount of beads, a wall hanging.  I bought a capriz shell wall hanging while Brian and I were in Tarpon Springs.  It was the perfect base to "enhance" with beads.
 
 
 
The first step was to create the large beads on a wire.  I used combinations of all sorts of beads.  I even used some of my own creation, the pottery geodes.
 
 
It was fun putting together bead combinations for the larger beads.
 
 
Then I made the jump rings to connect the large beads into strings.  Here is a quick and easy lesson on making jump rings.  See all my time watching The Carol Duval show was not in vain.
 
 

 
 
 
The final step was to make a long string of small beads for an accent.  I used Beadalon's Spin-N-Bead to string the see beads...what a time saver.
 
 
I am not sure of this project is "the good and the bad" or "the highs and the lows" or "the pina and the colada".  I would like to say that I made a dent in my bead collection, but I didn't.  Still, so many beads...so little time.

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the extreme patience it takes for this kind of project.

    ReplyDelete