Saturday, January 18, 2014

Recycle Reduce Reuse - The Wedding

You probably have seen this symbol before.  It is used in waste management and environmental programs.  I have my own version of these terms.

REDUCE

Three years ago when I made the BIG MOVE from Ohio to Florida.  I reduced my household inventory by  80% or more.  I have the donation slips to prove it.  These slips don't include all the furniture we sold or gave away.


I am happy to say that after 3 years, I still have not reverted to my old hoarding ways.  I think before I buy and continually get rid of things I don't need.  It is a very liberating feeling.

REUSE and RECYCLE

Oh, these are my favorite two words.  Environmentally these are two separate concepts, but sometimes I think of them as the same...recycle an item by reusing it.  I have a house full of "recycled/reused" projects.  Recycle crafts are a passion of mine. 

Another example of RECYCLE is how I have recycled items from Mallory and Mike's Wedding

 
(photos compliments of Studio SPC)
 

After the wedding I gathered up the paper flowers Mallory made for the boutonnieres, painted them white and added them to a table arrangement.


I couldn't let the bouquets or centerpieces go into the dumpster, so I also took them, painted them and put them on top of my hutch.


I collected the table numbers to match our address and arranged them near the front door.


By REUSING these items, I have daily reminders of a happy and fun day.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I approve of this blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved them at our wedding, and I love them in your house!

    ReplyDelete