Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Day In The Life of A Real Retired Housewife of Florida

The first question I got when I retired was…"What do you do all day?"  I don’t know what I do all day, or all week for that matter, but I sure am busy doing it.  Let’s take today for example.

8 a.m.  Contractor showed up to install a screen in the front entry.  While this was being done, I did some laundry, cleaned up and talked with a girlfriend from Ohio.   Here is what the front entry looked like before..

9 a.m.  Left the house for yoga, dentist appointment and committee meeting for the golf course hole captains.  I also fit in a yard sale and a stop at a local thrift store.

1:30 p.m. I finally arrived home and saw the new entry screen.


YIPEE!  Now I can leave the front door open for a cross flow of air.  The previous owner didn’t believe that air circulation in the house was healthy.  Her words, I swear.  We have installed a garage door screen, ceiling fans in all the rooms (6 total) and windows with screens and solar shades in the lanai.  On nice days like today (81 and sunny), I can completely open up the house.   

Here is the garage screen.  We definitely didn’t use these in Ohio.


The lanai windows add another room to the house.  We only close it off the lanai when it gets real hot or real cold. 


Now it is 4 p.m. and I don't have a clue what to fix for dinner.  Oh the life of a retired housewife!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new front door screen! It brings more attention to the front door too!

    ReplyDelete