Monday, April 9, 2012

Welcome


Welcome to my blog

I recently moved to Florida from Ohio.  You would think it would have been an easy decision to move from cloudy, cold Ohio to sunny, warm Florida.  But I resisted for quite a while.  I had lived my whole life in Ohio, in fact over 25 years in the same house. However, my husband, Brian, grew up in California and was looking for a better climate.  He wanted to ride his motorcycle (on and off-road) more than the few months he could in Ohio.  We agreed on Florida because my Mom lives here.   I took a deep breath and made the commitment to move. 

We live in a “adult-community” with 2 golf course and lots of activities.  Forget your preconceived idea that Florida retirement and retirement communities are about old age, white hair and bad driving. It is more about golf, travel, yoga and SUNSHINE.  

Here are pictures of a few of my favorite things…



We live on a golf course (the 12th fairway). One day I heard tapping on the lanai window and found sand cranes saying “Hi”.



Another favorite is the wonderful sunsets we can see out the back of our house.  



The wildlife is interesting. I have seen coyote, lizards, alligators, turtles, lots of birds and snakes. Yes, I have lived through a few close encounters with snakes. I once had to stop golfing until a small alligator walked across the fairway…very slowly.


Brian and I saw this guy in Everglade City. He was the maître at the local diner.



Here is a collection of golf balls Brian and I have found in our yard over the last year. I think it is time for a new container!

No comments:

Post a Comment